Big Steps Little Feet – Commissioning workshops & Pregnancy and Baby Specialist Nurse services
Previous Projects and Clients include:-
- Slough Borough Council – Health and Safety Planning and Policies with the Children and Parents Contact Centre
- Berkshire Healthcare Foundation Trust / Sure Start – Design and facilitation of Health Visitor Surgeries across Slough Children’s Centres (Recognised as an example of good practice by the Department of Health 2011)
- Thames Valley Probation Service – Design and facilitation of a Parenting Programme for Young Fathers on Probation
- Family Nurse Partnership Programme (FNP) – Intensive support of young parents from pregnancy to toddler-hood with provision of data, evaluating licensed programme delivery for local commissioners. Please see the following link for more details on the programme http://fnp.nhs.uk
All commissioned work is facilitated in accordance with Department of Health evidence and frameworks including:
- Preparation for Birth and Beyond , DH, 2011
- Healthy Child Programme – Pregnancy and the first five years, DH, 2009
- The Public Health Outcomes Framework Healthy lives, healthy people: Improving outcomes and supporting transparency,DH, 2015
- Children and Young People’s Health Benchmarking Tool – www.phoutcomes.info/profile/cyphof
- Resources for health visitors on the Child and Maternal Health Intelligence Network website – www.chimat.org.uk
- 6 Early years high impact areas DH, July 2014
Contact me to arrange a consultation to discuss commissioning a workshop/pregnancy and newborn specialist service / package of care. I can create and deliver a bespoke service / programme to suit your profiled community need. As a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse I have extensive knowledge and experience particular to cultural, ethnic and vulnerable client groups including:
- Mothers and fathers in active addiction and recovery.
- Young parents – mothers and fathers
- Fathers in the judicial system.
- Parents who wish to have their cultural preferences considered and respected in relation to pregnancy, birth and parenting.
- Nurseries and Childrens Centres wishing to support parents through provision of child development workshops with topics including Sleep, Behaviour, Potty training, Weaning and Fussy eating.
WE ARE DELIGHTED TO ANNOUNCE THAT BIG STEPS LITTLE FEET IS BEING COMMISSIONED BY BUSY BEES EGHAM NURSERY AND PRE-SCHOOL ACADEMY TO SUPPORT WORKING PARENTS THROUGH PROVISION OF A CLINIC SERVICE, BABYCARE WORKSHOPS FOR PARENTS AND STAFF TRAINING TO MENTION A FEW SERVICES – MAY 2016