Pregnancy and Newborn Baby Specialist, Active Birth Antenatal Teacher and Holistic Therapist
Big Steps Little Feet has been born out of my desire to work independently and meet parents and parents to be needs at special and challenging times in their life.
The journey into parenthood starts with the confirmation of pregnancy and progresses through the ever-evolving changes it brings to a mother, a father, a couple and a family. The birth of a baby evolves into the emergence of a family unit. There are many roads to navigate along the way!
I am proud to support families and parents regardless of gender, orientation, family structure. Every parent wants to be the best parent they can be – to do the very best that they can to support the health well being and happiness of their baby and family. Not always easy in a busy, information overload society – where we can connect with people, resources and information super quick and at the same time feel isolated, scared and disconnected.
The services I provided by Big Steps Little Feet are about creating a safe space to connect with whats important for your role as parent – with knowledge compassion and realism. With all my heart I offer workshops and 1:1 support. I share my evidence based knowledge and 25 years of experience in nursing and parenthood within the different services offered. I am equally passionate about optimising your babies experiences from the womb to toddlerhood. Our babies come to us with their journey and experiences, all starting in the womb. Knowledge is power and with the right support and information your transition into parenthood can be one that is supported and nurturing or it can be one where you ‘find your way’. You can only know what you know…. The choice is all yours. Ultimately this is a journey to be cherished and enjoyed with all of your heart and soul. Whatever your choices I wish you all the very best in your journey.
“Helping you with the transition into parenthood”.
What qualifies me to do this?
- Registered General Nurse – An Bord Altranais 1995 (Ireland)
- Registered with Nursing Midwifery council UK since 1995
- Health visitor – fully insured Berkshire NHS foundation Trust (2003 – 2014).
- BSc (Hons) in Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (2008).
- Qualified Family Nurse with Family Nurse Partnership Programme to young parents having their first baby from early pregnancy until the baby turned 2 years (2012).
- VCTC Holistic Therapies Diploma – Aromatherapy, Reflexology and Body Massage (2000).
- Facilitator of Family Links Nurturing parenting programme (2005/6).
- Developed and Facilitated Health visiting surgeries across Slough Children’s Centres (Example of good practice DH 2011).
- Trained in Psychology of Compassionate mind therapeutic support (2013).
- Trained Active Birth teacher with Janet Balaskas, active Birth Centre in London (2015)
- Trained Doula with Paramana Doula – Dr Michel Odent and Lilliana Lammers (2016)
- Established links with Local Authorities / GP surgeries / Health Care Trusts.
- Enhanced Disclosure Barring certificate (DBS).
- Member of the Royal College of Nurses (RCN)
- Member of FEDANT – Federation of Antenatal Teachers
- Member of Parenting UK
- Member of the Association for Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology And Health (APPPAH)
- Qualified Japanese USUI Reiki Practitioner Level 1 and 2 – Roy Sunley Master teacher (2017)
- Training as a Kundalini yoga teacher for pregnancy – The mothers Journey – (2017) Carolyn Cowan
- Perinatal trauma programme 3 step rewind programme therapist
Member of Nursing Midwifery Council
Insurance with: Royal College of Nursing