I am delighted to offer a range of different support to parents
- Big Steps Little Feet Complete Birth Preparation Workshops
- Newborn Baby Preparation Workshops
- Closing the Bones massage ritual
- Postnatal therapeutic emotional support
- Closing the Bones massage ritual
- Healing Together Birth Trauma Recovery with 3 Step Rewind Technique
Big Steps Little Feet Birth Preparation workshops
- Delivered by Melanie – an extensively qualified Specialist Community PublicHealth Nurse, Active Birth Teacher and Holistic Therapist
- Comfortable therapeutic resources – bean bags, birth ball, blankets,
- Handouts/reading materials provided for reference – no need to hold it in your head
- Relaxation techniques and exercises for both mother and birth partner
- Active Birth principles (Trained with Janet Balaskas , London)
- Hypnobirthing principles, resources and techniques
- Step by step through each stage of labour and birth – a tangible physical experience again no need to hold it in your head
- Includes meditation for relaxation and connection with baby and or partner.
This Birth preparation is for you if you would like your birth experience to be CALM, CONFIDENT, and CONNECTED. Complete Birth Preparation Workshops are dynamic and holistic. The sharing of high quality information serves not to teach you how to give birth but to make it easier to tap into what your body already knows. Unfortunately often this knowledge has been undermined, medicalised and abandoned in the recent history of childbirth.
This birth preparation is designed for the mind body and soul. As in life, there are no guarantees with birth. However, with this comprehensive birth preparation course you are guaranteed to have the strength and courage to lean into birth, to know exactly how your body works in labour and birth. With excellent, reliable and current information you will be inspired to be unafraid and develop a full toolkit of comfort measures and skills for your labour and birth – included in a full simulation of a birth experience
Complete Birth Preparation is exactly that – a Programme of learning which is visual, practical and bespoke. This is a very popular workshop and most people attend between 20 and 36 weeks of pregnancy. Together, we explore labour and birth, developing a body of knowledge and a toolkit of breathing techniques, positions, massage and understanding.
Especially important for birth partners who have a most important role in the birth room. Learn how to enhance the process and be of maximum support and value to your partner during labour and birth.
Spring /Summer 2019 Complete Birth and Newborn Baby Preparation weekend workshops
To book on a suitable date for a full weekend of birth and new baby preparation please click here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/complete-birth-baby-preparation-immersion-course-tickets-48999435631
A one stop weekend immersion in a full programme of preparation for labour, birth and your new baby. Make the space and time to consciously connect with birthing your baby and becoming a parent. Complete preparation in a weekend – no rushing from work, No late nights or early evenings – all completed in a weekend. This course is great value and unlike any other. Places are limited to 6-8 couples in order to provide maximum support. Places are confirmed by payment in full. It is recommended to book a place for when you are between 20 and 36 weeks pregnant. Venue is in the Windsor area.
Some parents choose 1:1 birth preparation if they have experienced previous birth trauma, fertility treatment, anxiety, addiction etc. For first time parents who do not want to sit in a group setting and would like to have a more individualised birth preparation course this workshop is definitely for you. 1:1 Complete Birth Preparation programmes are delivered over the course of a day in the comfort of your own home – places are very limited.
I absolutely welcome same sex couples and those becoming parents through surrogacy or adoption those who have had assisted conception.
Newborn Baby Preparation Workshops
This is offered as a workshop on a 1:1 basis or as day 2 of the Complete Birth and Newborn Baby Preparation weekend workshop.
In the comfort of your own home 3 hour workshop is designed to ease your worries and concerns about how you are going to manage after birth and caring for your brand new baby. Often parents who complete the Complete Birth Preparation workshop as a 1:1 decide to do this workshop as a couple in their own home with their own equipment etc. Parents to be and new parents find this comprehensive workshop invaluable – get all your questions answered. High quality information – reliable, current and practical from start to finish. During the workshop we will cover the following topics:
- Communication with your new baby – understanding baby cues/ reading signals and tuning into your baby – this is the foundation to confidence with your new baby – challenging in the early days when its all so new and you’re getting to know each other.
- Attachment – bonding with your baby
- Fulfilling your babies needs confidently
- Feeding choices and guides how to breastfeed / bottle feed/ understanding the infant feeding in relation to whichever mode of feeding you are planning to use.
- Skincare – guide to skincare / rashes and other newborn skin related issues
- Bathing – from how to fully bath to when? how often? and with what? etc
- Soothing your crying baby – its normal for babies to cry – how best to interpret their needs and soothe them accordingly without getting frazzled and overwhelmed!
- Nappy changing and all the other things you may want to ask or find out more about!
Closing the Bones massage ritual
A Closing of the Bones is inspired by a Mexican tradition where the postpartum mother is anointed, massaged and wrapped in the Mayan tradition. There is a calling of her spirit back to herself as she has been a portal for carrying new life, and has walked the threshold between worlds. A transformation has also begun as the mother embraces new aspects of herself through this rite of passage into new stages of motherhood. This massage ritual creates a space, a nurturing and supportive environment in which healing can take place on many levels. A variety of healing modalities are used involving massage, aromatherapy and reiki healing. The ‘closing’ is done by gently wrapping the cranium, the midsection and the pelvic area, helping to facilitate shrinkage of the uterus guide the bones back to their original positioning, bringing together and containing the woman energy field. Once complete, she will lie quietly and integrate her experience. This process literally helps “close” a Mother’s body, which “opens” in so many ways, both in preparation for, and during birth itself. The ritual can also help “close” a new Mother energetically, as both pregnancy, and particularly the intense process of labour and birth, can be very vulnerable times for a woman, psychologically and psychically.
The Closing of the Bones ceremony is designed for mothers from 6 weeks postpartum and beyond. The ceremony is open to all mothers at any time who wish to find some closure for themselves and wish to take part. It is very healing for those who have experienced trauma in birth. It is also very healing for women who have not given birth, those post hysterectomy, miscarriage, still birth and those experiencing peri menopause, menopause as well as those who are post menopausal. I believe every woman should have this experience!!
The closing of the bones is a very nurturing experience which requires time and space. It is done in the comfort of your own home. Preparation will be discussed on booking. I will travel to any destination within 1 hour of Old Windsor (travel expense applies). Can be purchased as a very thoughtful gift for mothers (the baby gets so many gifts!)
Healing Together Birth Trauma – 3 step Rewind Technique
What if your birth experience wasn’t a positive one? Where do you go to feel heard – really heard with no shame, no judgement and no:
‘At least you have a healthy baby, thats all that matters’
It may be that your birth was a positive experience but you developed postnatal depression . Perhaps you had a premature birth, a caesarian birth or struggled with the challenges of having a newborn baby.
If you identify with difficult and sometimes intense feelings which interfere or have interfered with your ability to enjoy your baby/child – please do get in touch. Break the isolation of your experience and feelings. The 3 step Rewind technique is a quick most effective process. It does not require digging through and reliving the trauma but working with the part of the brain responsible for not processing the experiences. This is achieved through relaxation and a well tried and tested method, usually in 3 sessions. This technique is available to fathers and birth partners/professionals who may also have experienced trauma as a compassionate witness.